Monday, 12 February 2007

Things I like on a plate

Whenever I ask my daughter what she would like for lunch or dinner, her answer is invariably "things I like on a plate".

A famous dish in our house, its current ingredients include: cherry tomatoes, cucmber slices, crackers smeared with cream cheese, a pile of cottage cheese, perhaps some ham, diced avocado and some kind of fruit - usually apple. Not bad on the old nutrition front, I suppose, but after maybe 3 years you would think its popularity would be waning. But no.

And now my son, who can't yet say the words "things I like on a plate" has developed a strong penchant for cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese and ham (not so much the avocado or the crackers, but hey). And so the dish lives on. And on.

Things I like on a plate is a great concept. It fits what you have in the fridge or cupboard. It fits individual taste buds. It can stay the same for ages (even years) or it can change every week.

And so, too, it fits for my blog. Sometimes there will be things I like. Sometimes there will be the odd thing I don't like. Sometimes there will be lots on my plate, sometimes very little.

4 comments:

webweaver said...

w00t!!!

Welcome to the blogosphere, Alice! It's awesome to see you here... I'm rushing off to link to you from my blog RIGHT NOW!

Loving your blog title - genius!

Muah....

meemee said...

hello darlin'. Like your blog. Just heard that The Police are reforming for a tour. love Mee

meemee said...

I've put a couple of pics you may recognise on my page, have a look.

Alice said...

Hi guys... thanks for the comments... sorry to be a blog-nonce but what DOES woot mean?

Yep, heard about The Police - I'll def be over for their gig.... nice pics - I'll dig some out for you.